Ransom and Matthew Garcia were surfing and body-boarding together when Garcia heard his friend’s cry for help Friday morning. Garcia saw his friend’s, Lucas, left leg get bit off by the shark.
Gracia told reporters he wanted to first swim to shore for help, but once he saw his friend floating in the water he decided to bring him into shore.
Authorities are still trying to identify the type of shark that attacked 19-year old body boarder, Lucas Ransom.
Although shark attacks are quite rare in Calafornia, it lets us know that we aren’t the only ones out there and we need to be on our guard. The last known shark attack in calafornia was in San Diego county where a Great White Shark attached a 66 year old man whilst swimming.
We’ll be back soon with more news updates as we learn more.
- Health: Answers: Who Would Come Off Best In A Fitness Race Followed By A Heavy Drinking Session? (2/23/2011)
- Entertainment: Where I Can Watch The Access Hollywood Interview Of Taylor Lautner At The Eclipse Premiere Please? (2/27/2011)
- Dating: Questions: Flirting Advice? (2/22/2011)
- Health: Can Anton Du Beke Ever Manage Not To Engage His Foot With His Mouth? (2/26/2011)
- what would i need to travel to saudi arabia? – Questions