Sorry for being a noob, but i need help clearing this question that has surfing around the internet.
I know little basic knowledge about computers and the history behind it. I know the first PC was developed by IBM, right? And later PC’s were just clones of the IBM’s.
Anyway I’ve been searching around the net for IBM and computer related news, and found that IBM Roadrunner (June 2008 – November 2009) was rated #2 on the super computers list. Anyway it talked about how many tflops it has how the speed of the computer is measured in flops.
Now with my question which CPU is;
1. More powerful (in terms of raw power)? Cell or Intel’s i7 975?
2. More practical for making games (time and money won’t be a concern)?
3. If AMD makes the CPU or help develop for supercomputers, then why is Intel’s i7′s, dual core and quad cores have been killing them in the PC market?
4. Can the PS3′s Cell handle Crysis on high res. max outed? I’m talking about the Cell’s not the PS3′s limited ram and rsx gpu card.
- Technology: Is A 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor Fast? (1/24/2012)
- VISION Technology from AMD – Premium with AMD Phenom II Dual-Core Mobile Processor N620 for a laptop?
- Health: I Have A Question On Kids And Cell Phones? (2/29/2012)
- Technology: How Long Do Cell Phone Numbers Last In Philippines, If Not Used? (3/5/2011)
- Technology: PERMANENTLY DELETES!!!!!!!!!!!!!? (3/15/2012)