Short clip from Master of Disguise in which Delta Dental Insurance is offered. Footage courtesy of Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment
Hello! I was only ever taken to the dentist once when I was little to have some teeth removed. But my parents couldn’t afford dental care, and I’ve just turned 22 and can barely afford it myself…but I know it needs to be done.
I’ve noticed I have some cavities, mostly on my back wisdom teeth. I don’t have any tooth pain, the wisdom teeth had plenty of room when they grew in…I don’t think I need a root canal, but I don’t know how I can even tell!
But at any rate, I could use some help. I want to call the local dentist (I have no insurance, though) and talk to them. I’m not sure what questions to ask…other than to say: “I’ve never been to a dentist, help!”
Is there anything specific I should ask to be done? Any information I should be sure to have? It -seems- that on average the exams cost about 150 dollars, give or take. But what exactly do they do?
If I’ve never been, should I ask for molds or X-rays? Or should I just let them poke around and hope for the best? I’m really nervous….but I don’t want to have bad breath from the cavities and would rather get them fixed sooner than later.
Crowns, fillings, root canals? It’s all so confusing!
- Health: First Health Insurance Company? Please Read! 10 Points For Best Answer!!? (3/20/2011)
- Health: How To I Waive An Over Charge Claim From My Dentist? (9/5/2011)
- “Americans”… Medical expenses?
- I have a dispute with my dentist and I put a stop payment on a check that I had written them….?
- Health: My Dentist Called Me Rude? :(? (7/2/2012)