The nation’s largest Health insurance corporation has been facing tough questions about alleged insurance abuse. As Sandra Hughes reports, this was a case point in Obama’s Health Care Summit.
OK! I’m living in Australia, and as I will be 21 soon I will have to start paying things like health insurance. Its really daunting thinking about all the stuff I am going to have to remember to do and I am afraid I am going to forget stuff. So what do I need to do?
First thing I am looking at is health insurance. HOW ON EARTH DO I KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR??? What do I need, (will I be able to afford it???) and which cover will cover me enough but also be financially viable???
I need private health because I have medical conditions which require meds not yet on the PBS, then there is eye care, etc…and that is what I need already. Then I have to think about what ifs? like car accident and so on. I go to the websites to look at whats around to compare prices and cover and it is so confusing? can anyone not so much suggest a fund as what types of cover I should be thinking of and what benefits are wise to have covered. I also am allergic to certain meds so alternative therapies are good
Just a reminder that I live in AUSTRALIA. I appreciate the interest so far however please consider the differences between your country’s health system and mine before providing links or information that may be specific to a country outside of Australia. I have worked out that with my medical needs I will probably need top Ancillary but as to whether or not to go for private or public hospital cover I am not as sure. What disadvantages are there in just public hospital cover?
- Health: Private Health Insurance? Aussie Ladies Please? (12/23/2011)
- Health: Private Health Insurance? Aussie Ladies Please? (8/5/2012)
- Health: I Need Help In Choosing A Health Insurance Provider. Can Someone Help Me Sift Through All The Possible Privat? (4/3/2011)
- Health: Is Health Insurance Worth Having? (3/2/2012)
- Is it practical to take private health insurance considering the subsidy of the gov’t (through medicare)?