One of the best parts of travel is meeting people – the only thing for me is that I film constantly especially when a topic comes up that I think would be of interest to people on YouTube and might help in making travel choices. We were talking about online last minute bookings which I advocate. I’ve been advocating last minute travel for years, fact is that resorts are not full, most flights are not full or only fill up as departure nears. Booking online is easy, convenient and can represent the best value, more and more people are doing all shopping online so why not travel.
For the last year of my life I have liked this girl a lot, I’m almost 20 and I met her at work last year although I’ve known of her since I’ve worked at the place for about 3 years.
Things I did wrong:
• Met her in November 2010, yet waited till February to ask for her number and asked her out late Feb/March.
• Asked her out over the phone instead of in person, this was because I didn’t want to ask her out at work which although I believe it’s a valid reason considering customers/staff could walk around and hear it, I should have manned up and done it face to face
• When I did ask her out over the phone to the movies and she said ‘yes’, I didn’t set a date or time because I asked if she was busy in the next week and she said she was and I can’t remember if I said I’d get back to her or she said that, this was early March (ROOKIE MISTAKE!!!!!!, I can’t believe I was such a stupid idiot!)
• When I asked her out to coffee a few weeks later after the movies date call with a date and time, she said ‘she’d get back to me’ when I asked and again when I saw her the next day at work (I was there to check my schedule and I bumped into her)
• I think in one of my big opportunities where I think I might have had a chance to seal something was Boxing Day 2010, we were both working and she asked me if I was going to a local nightclub on the night and I said ‘yes’ and she smiled and said ‘see you there’. I didn’t get in till about 12am because of the line and as I walking past in the outside beer garden she grabbed my arm, stopped me and kissed me on the cheek and we talked for 2-3 minutes. I couldn’t seal anything because she left the club not long after as she had an early flight the next morning because she went with a few girlfriends to another state for New Year’s 2011. I should have asked her out not long after she got back, maybe even ask for her number on that night in the short time I had.
I’ve gotten fitter in the last few months since joining the gym, went from 16.55% bf to 11.8% already and although I was never ‘fat’ whilst I’ve known her, I look a lot more fitter and starting to tone and gain muscle. I got my braces off too recently So I think this is the source for my ‘new’ confidence but I don’t want to let it be my actual confidence if you get what I mean. I feel better, I look better and I need to show I’m better than I was 6 months ago overall.
We still get along great when we talk, we don’t usually work the same days so don’t see each other too consistently at the moment.
I talked to her today at work because I needed to buy something so I wasn’t working and she was by the way. We had a brief conversation just about work and my braces coming off, nothing big. I didn’t get any signals from her, I think if she ever liked me it isn’t the case now but I don’t know. We have only talked a couple of times since about June because of circumstances so that’s not surprising. If I was to guess right now, I don’t think she’d go out with me or she’d stall it but I don’t know if doing it face to face would make her feel different because maybe she did like me a bit but knew I didn’t have much confidence.
I want to ask her out once more but face to face like a man and if she rejects me, she rejects me. I really just want a definitive ‘yes’ or ‘no’ face to face and I’ll move on if it’s the latter.
- Travel: Should I Ask Out This Girl For The Final Time Face To Face Or Move On? (6/13/2012)
- Travel: Should I Ask Out This Girl For The Final Time Face To Face Or Move On? (1/11/2012)
- Travel: Should I Ask Out This Girl For The Final Time Face To Face, Do I Have A Big Chance In Your Opinion? (1/11/2012)
- Travel: Should I Ask Out This Girl Out Once More But Do It Face To Face? Do You Think I Still Have A Chance With Her? (2/8/2012)
- Travel: Should I Ask Out This Girl For The Final Time Face To Face, Do I Have A Big Chance In Your Opinion? (6/7/2012)